Tosamaidan – the king of meadows in Kashmir lies towards the west of Srinagar. It is the base to explore many amazing lakes, meadow upon meadows, mountain passes and peaks, gushing rivers and landscapes which are full of flora and fauna. The lush green pastures covered by pine and cedar forests added with varieties of wildflowers make this entire area a trekkers’ Mecca. Tosamaidan and its vast area is truly a paradise for nature lovers, hikers, mountaineers, botanists, zoologists, geologists and environmentalists. The beauty of Tosamaidan-Yusmarg trek is that it crosses through 9 Alpine high-altitude lakes, 12 vast meadows, 3 important rivers and a huge variety of flora and fauna with mind soothing landscapes and heart-warming joy for those who walk these parts.
- Day 1: Srinagar Airport – Tosamaidan Base (2973 M)
Arrival at Srinagar airport by an early morning flight. Transfer 70 km over a 3 hour drive to Tosamaidan base camp, including a rough road of about 7 Kms off-road drive from Sithaharan to Tosamaidan. We reach the road head and walk 45 mins to a stunning campsite. Check in, trek briefing, and evening free for a wander.
- Day 2: Trek to Gadtar Sar-Fish Lake (3721 M)
Enjoy a beautiful morning breakfast with views of the valley. Get your backpack ready after breakfast and begin a climb for the first 90 mins. The day is a gradual climb rewarded with large open vistas, with packed lunch enroute. Reach Gadtarsar by late afternoon, with camp just a little ahead of a small lake.
- Day 3: Trek to Chanze (3386 M)
Today morning, we get our backpack ready after breakfast, and we embark on today’s trek to our next camp at Chanze. Walk through some of the beautiful lakes, meadows & rivers – passing through Damamsar, Bandersar, Sukhnag river and Gulposh valley. We reach the campsite by early evening. Night camping and dinner at Chanze.
- Day 4: Trek to Ashtar Valley (3624 M)
After breakfast, the first 3KM of trek traverses a beautiful meadow, followed by two river stream crossings a stiff ascent before descending to one of the most stunning campsites you would have ever seen, at the foot of Mount Tatakoti, one of the highest mountain peak of the Pir Panjal range.
- Day 5: Trek to Dishkal (3300 M)
A short days walk with juniper and meadows and wide open vistas in an amazing part of Kashmir.
- Day 6: Trek to Mazekhenen (2900 M)
This morning proceed towards Tru Sar (3 lakes) We pass through Daanuer and Chaskinag lakes. After crossing Tru Sar, we descent to Liddermud meadow. One can enjoy the breath-taking views of lofty Pir Panchal mountains from here. We then descent further, and stop at Mazekhenen meadow where Doodh Ganga river flows. Overnight camping at Mazekhenen.
- Day 7: Trek to Yusmarg, Drive to Srinagar (2396 M)
This morning proceed to Yusmarg, crossing Frasnag meadow en-route. Arrive Yusmarg by afternoon and drive (90 mins ; 50km) to Srinagar, overnight hotel.
- Day 8: Back to Srinagar
After breakfast, transfer to Srinagar airport for flight out.
- All travel from Srinagar and back to Srinagar by road
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in Tents / Hotel
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary & safe drinking water
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Porterage upto 15kg/ person
- Peak fee/sanctuary fee/royalty/permits where applicable
- Sleeping bag & Items of personal nature
- Any transfers,accommodation or meals outside of itinerary
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
Scream and Shout! For I just completed the hardest treks in the Himalayas, the lesser known Auden’s Col Trek. It tests you, beats you down but you when you summit starting in the wee hours of the morning you know that it couldn’t have been a better decision not for just the moment but for life.
Well what a wonderful trip it was, we were 14 climbers with about 60 helpers including guide and porters. It could not have been better, right from our stay at Kuflon to Pooja at Gangotri to climb to the Auden’s to stay at the glaciers and finally a walk through the forest which can beat the amazon.
A difficult trek made so much easier by the professional, ever-ready-to-help, alert trek leaders of Aquaterra. The support staff was wonderful and made the hard days lighter by their cheerful attitude. All along it felt not like client and staff but friends out for a trek.
Everything right from the beginning till the end – the pre-trip updates, travel planning, itinerary, equipment, camping sites, medical help and preparedness, food, etc. were all well thought, planned and great.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday