A moderate trek which starts from the Bhagirathi valley, goes up to the lake of Dodital (wrapped in perfect wilderness) to the alpine meadows and crosses over at Darwa Pass (4150 M) to the Yamuna watershed. Traditionally this trek has been continuously used by the Gujjars, the nomadic herdsmen who get their buffaloes to the high meadows every summer and occasionally by the pilgrims/sadhus walking between Gangotri and Yamunotri. This trek is a brilliant summer getaway.
- Day 1: Dehradun Airport – Kuflon (1550 M)
Fly in to the Jolly Grant Airport by 9AM. Board waiting vehicles to be driven straight to Kuflon Basics, 11 kms from Uttarkashi in the valley of the Assi Ganga. (6-7 hr drive).
- Day 2: Kuflon – Bevra (2400 M)
Depart for Bevra – the walk is 8 kms (4-5 hrs). Bevra is a camping spot 1.5 kms ahead of Agoda village. A dip in the stream in Bevra is the best way to wash out the first day body aches.
- Day 3: Bevra – Dodital (3310 M)
After an early morning breakfast, we gradually trek to Dodital (7 hrs), with packed lunch. Rhododendron and Oak trees dot the trek, with occasional Seabuck thorn bushes.
- Day 4: Dodital – Darwa Pass – Kanasar (3900 M)
The walk to Darwa Pass (4150 M) is about 5 kms (2-3 hrs). The entire walk is an uphill climb. It starts with the climb along the feeder to Dodital breaking into a thick Birch forest opening into the high meadows. The pass offers an amphitheater view of the Bandarpunch range of peaks. The more adventurous ones can go higher up to climb the Darwa Top and the rest can proceed to camp at Kanasar (3900m) below the pass.
- Day 5: Kansar – Kandoli (2800 M)
Long traverse in the meadow with impressive views of the Bandarpunch range brings one to the beautiful grazing ground of Seema. After having lunch here, we start our descent through the forest to our campsite at Kandoli, which has a few summer houses.
- Day 6: Kandoli – Hanumanchatti – Haridwar
Trek 3 hrs to reach the roadhead at Hanumanchatti. Drive 6 hrs to Dehradun airport to board the evening flight home.
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary & safe drinking water
- All trip arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Individual rafting equipement
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
- Sleeping bag
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
The trek was well managed, with the porters and mules making it to our camp site each day and setting up the tents for us. And it was amazing to have hot meals every day, the quality of the food that we had on the trek was some of the best that we had in India. Samrat and Prem, the guides from Aquaterra, took care of us very well.
We booked Aquaterra from Sydney, Australia as my wife (originally from Pune India) had heard a lot of good things about them in the past. The hike up to Dodital and Darwa Pass was challenging enough and we were very well looked after by the guides. I’d do another trek with them for sure.
From beginning to end, my trip with Aquaterra Adventures was absolutely flawless. Although I have done a lot of solo travel before. You can tell Aquaterra Adventures is more than a travel company, the staff seem to view each other as family which was really heartwarming.
Great job by the team, especially Rana. We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 yrs and 6.5 yrs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My elder one loved the trek and the rafting experience was great too! Definitely recommend it for others.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday