Arrive at Kathmandu Airport. Transfer to hotel, trek brief and rest .
- Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 2: Kathmandu – Syabrubesi (1460 M)
After having morning breakfast, 8 hours (4 wheel jeep) drive through the beautiful countryside will lead you to Syabrubesi. You spend your night in a lodge. The breathtaking view of Langtang mountains from Syabrubesi.
- Day 3: Syabrubesi – Lama Hotel (2420 M)
After crossing the suspension bridge over the Bhote Koshi River, you will walk following Langtang river through a beautiful village – Old Syabru. After crossing a bridge over Langtang River, the trek starts becoming more exciting with the amazing trail that crosses over streams and ascends through forests to reach Pairo. The trek takes about 3 hours. People usually take a rest here and have their lunch.Then you keep going uphill through the forest to Bamboo. After passing a suspension bridge and following the trail uphill, you will reach to Changtang which is famously called Lama Hotel.
- Day 4: Lama Hotel – Langtang Village (3430 M)
On this day, you start the journey from Lama Hotel to Langtang village. One and a half hour trek through the forest takes you to Gumnachowk. As you trek further to reach Ghoda Tabela, you are rewarded with a breathtaking view of Langtang Lirung. People usually take a lunch break here and give their legs a rest.
Then, the journey continues through pastures and forests to Chyamki. After crossing a suspension bridge, you will continue your journey for about an hour to Langtang village. Walk around the village and explore beautiful waterfalls and panoramic view of Langtang Lirung, Gangchempu, and other mountains.
- Day 5: Langtang – Kyanjin Gompa (3870 M)
This trek to Kyanjin Gompa is a short one. After climbing uphill trail and passing through a deserted village, and moraines, you reach to Kyanjin Gompa. This was once used to be a huge community.
Kyanjin Gompa sits on the lap of Langtang Lirung. You can visit Kyanjin Gompa and cheese factory there.Kyanjin Gompa is made up of local stones and woods painted by white. Inside the Gompa are Buddha images and idols of ancestors. The fluttering prayer flags add to calmness to the peaceful atmosphere of Kyanjin Gompa. The culture of the inhabitants of Kyanjin Gompa is closely associated with Tibet.
Hike to Tserko Ri or Kyanjin Ri from where you can witness the breathtaking view of Langtang peaks.
- Day 6: Return To Lama Hotel (2420 M)
Now, it’s time to backtrack all the way through yak pastures, forests and downhill trail to Lama Hotel. While you descend downhill to Lama Hotel, you have to register your exit at the check post in Ghoda Tabela.
You can stop there to have lunch. After lunch, continue your journey trekking on the trails passing through dense jungles to Lama Hotel.
- Day 7: Lama Hotel – Thulo Syabru (2200 M)
We trek downhill to the bank of Langtang River and trek alongside the river and forest to Pairo. You can stop there for lunch. After lunch, you will have to trek uphill for a couple of hours to reach Thulo Syabru. You can have a great view of Langtang Lirung and other peaks including Ganesh, Nayakhang and more. Walk around the village and visit the monastery and spend your night there. Next stop, Sing Gompa.
- Day 8: Thulo Syabru – Sing Gompa
You start the trek by ascending steep uphill till Phoprang Danda. Standing at an elevation of about 3200 meters, Phoprang Dada is an ideal place to see the sunset over Ganesh Himal.
About four hours walk from Thulo Syabru will take you to Sing Gompa where you can visit a cheese factory. The village is also called Chandan Bari.
- Day 9: Sing Gompa – Gosainkunda (4381 M)
Our trek begins with ascending uphill to Cholang Pati. The picturesque view from there is worth every capture from the lens. The view of Langtang Himal strikes your eyes over and over again during the trek. Those magnificent Langtang, Ganesh, and Annapurna peaks are sure to make your trek refreshing.
As you reach Laure Binayak, you can take a break from the trek and enjoy a cup of tea. After that, you ascend steep uphill for a couple of hours and reach to a Buddhist shrine.
About an hour walk from the shrine takes you to a place from where you can see Bhairav Kunda and Saraswati Kunda. Ascend for some more time, you will reach to Gosainkunda. This holy lake carries a lot of value to the Hindu community. Hundreds of them flock to the lake during the full moon night of August.
You will stay overnight in a lodge.
- Day 10: Gosainkunda – Sing Gompa
Explore Gosainkunda, you will start your trek back to Sing Gompa after having breakfast. Along the way, you will see beautiful sights of Langtang Lirung, Ganesh and Manaslu range.
- Day 11: Sing Gompa – Dhunche (2090 M)
After having breakfast, you descend downhill through villages and forests to Dhunche. You will trek across green lush forests of Bamboo, Pine trees, and Rhododendron.
You will spend the night in a Lodge in Dhunche and celebrate your successful trek with your guide and friends.
- Day 12: Dhunche – Kathmandu
Travel by a jeep from Dhunche to Kathmandu. Overnight hotel
- Day 13: Fly Back
Transfer to airport for flight home.
- All travel from Kathmandu airport to Kathmandu Airport by road/air as applicable in a non-AC vehicle as per the itinerary
- Kathmandu – Lukla fight included in the above mentioned cost
- All arrangements for staying while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tea houses / hotel
- All meals at tea houses & safe drinking water as mentioned in the itinerary
- Hot and cold drinks at the Teahouse where the stay is
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Professional guide fee
- Porterage upto 12kg/person
- One shower/day/person where possible
- Peak fee/sanctuary fee/royalty/permits where applicable
- Reaching Kathmandu flight not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Sleeping bag/bottled water/hot drinking water/wifi (rates increase the further you get from Kathmandu)
- Lunch and dinner at Kathmandu
- Showers more than once a day
- Porterage above 12kg chargeable at INR 1500/day
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
A bunch of us friends recently got in touch with Aquaterra Adventures to set up a whitewater rafting trip on the Tons River in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Aquaterra team were excellent in every way: they were superbly efficient, highly reassuringly safe and extremely warm, friendly and hospitable.
There isn’t a more classy example of a team that is so well organised, courteous, warm and welcoming! The arrangements right from the camping sights, food, refreshments and stay were so extremely comfortable, of-course the food and the variety offered just beat everything else.
Camp Bagi (near Mori, Uttarakhand) is a beautifully located and professionally maintained wilderness camping site. Operated by Aquaterra, the gold standard in adventure tours in India, it offered us a highly memorable rafting, hiking and camping experience over the 4 days that we stayed there (May 28-31, 2019)
Great job by the team, especially Rana. We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 yrs and 6.5 yrs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My elder one loved the trek and the rafting experience was great too! Definitely recommend it for others.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday