This trek is a great introductory walk to the Himalaya for just about anyone seeking to get away without the challenges of organising a long wilderness trek. Combining two modes of adventure travel trekking and rafting – in a relatively secluded part of the lower Himalaya, it makes for a great short getaway! We first ascend the watershed divide (8000ft) of the Upper Ganga and her western tributary – the Bhagirathi – and continue down the former on rafts concluding the circuit in the holy city of Rishikesh, where the Ganga river enters the plains of India.
- Day 1: Delhi – Haridwar – Camp Aquaterra
Morning Shatabdi train to Haridwar. Arrive at 1120hr, transfer to Camp Aquaterra. After lunch – 1 rafting trip (Silver Sands to Shivpuri).
- Day 2: Pau Ki Devi – Dashrath Ka Danda
After breakfast, drive an hour to Pau ki Devi to begin the trek. Overnight Tents at Dashrath Ka Danda Camp.
- Day 3: Dashrath Ka Danda – Ranakot
Early climb to Dashrath ka Danda. Trek onwards to Ranakot and camp.
- Day 4: Ranakot – Beas Ghat
Trek down to where we can start rafting. Overnight at beach (Beas Ghat)
- Day 5: Beas Ghat – Camp Aquaterra – Haridwar
After breakfast, raft to Kaudiyala / Malakhunti. Transfer to Camp Aquaterra for lunch. Depart for Haridwar / Dehradun for the flight / train back.
- Travel from Delhi and back by road / rail (by non-AC / 2 or 3 tier AC coach)
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary & safe drinking water
- All trip arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
- Sleeping bag
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
A bunch of us friends recently got in touch with Aquaterra Adventures to set up a whitewater rafting trip on the Tons River in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Aquaterra team were excellent in every way: they were superbly efficient, highly reassuringly safe and extremely warm, friendly and hospitable.
There isn’t a more classy example of a team that is so well organised, courteous, warm and welcoming! The arrangements right from the camping sights, food, refreshments and stay were so extremely comfortable, of-course the food and the variety offered just beat everything else.
Camp Bagi (near Mori, Uttarakhand) is a beautifully located and professionally maintained wilderness camping site. Operated by Aquaterra, the gold standard in adventure tours in India, it offered us a highly memorable rafting, hiking and camping experience over the 4 days that we stayed there (May 28-31, 2019)
Great job by the team, especially Rana. We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 yrs and 6.5 yrs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My elder one loved the trek and the rafting experience was great too! Definitely recommend it for others.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday