A very interesting trek beginning at Lamayuru and walking up the less traveled Ripchar valley with its small villages, nomadic settlements and pastures where we see a wide variety of flowers from end of July to end of August and birds too. We cross some high passes with excellent views of the Karakorams and the Zanskar ranges.
- Day 1: Leh Arrival (3500 M)
Transfer to Hotel. Rest & Acclimatise.
- Day 2: Leh (3500 M)
Visit the famous Shey & Thiksey monasteries in the morning, return to the hotel for lunch explore the interesting Leh market in the evening.
- Day 3: Leh – Hinju (3750 M)
Drive Leh to just short of the village Hinju, visit the famous Alchi monastery. Hinju a pretty village, with its eleventh century gompa high up on a crag, makes a pleasant place to stop. We walk for about an hour along the Ripchar valley to reach the small campsite of Hinju.
- Day 4: Hinju – Sumdo Chenmo (4300 M)
The Ripchar Valley gets more and more beautiful the higher up we walk, with its thick growth of willows and dramatic views back to rock pinnacles on the skyline. It’s a short but steep ascent from the camp to the top of this pass, but rewards with views all the way back to the Prinkiti La. Descend steepily to the Sumdo Chenmo.
- Day 5: Sumdo Chenmo – Lanak (4000 M)
The initially steep descent to the Sumda Valley becomes more gentle towards Lanak. Camp by the river, Sumda Chu.
- Day 6: Lanak – Chilling (3250 M)
The isolated village of Sumda shows few signs of change and the villagers are largely self-sufficient. From the village the path goes over a small pass, Dungduchun La (4700 M). There are fantastic views from the top. Follow the path and the stream down the valley to Chilling.
- Day 7: Chilling – Leh (3500 M)
Chilling is a fairly large village famous for producing some of the best metalwork in Ladakh. Post breakfast drive to Leh, Check in the hotel for lunch on reaching Leh. Opportunities to shop in the Leh market. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 8: Leh Airport
Early morning transfer to Airport for Leh – Delhi flight.
- All transfers in a non-ac vehicle as per the itinerary (leh airport – leh airport)
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary & safe drinking water
- All trip arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Porterage upto 15kg/person
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
- Sleeping bag
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
A bunch of us friends recently got in touch with Aquaterra Adventures to set up a whitewater rafting trip on the Tons River in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Aquaterra team were excellent in every way: they were superbly efficient, highly reassuringly safe and extremely warm, friendly and hospitable.
There isn’t a more classy example of a team that is so well organised, courteous, warm and welcoming! The arrangements right from the camping sights, food, refreshments and stay were so extremely comfortable, of-course the food and the variety offered just beat everything else.
Camp Bagi (near Mori, Uttarakhand) is a beautifully located and professionally maintained wilderness camping site. Operated by Aquaterra, the gold standard in adventure tours in India, it offered us a highly memorable rafting, hiking and camping experience over the 4 days that we stayed there (May 28-31, 2019)
Great job by the team, especially Rana. We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 yrs and 6.5 yrs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My elder one loved the trek and the rafting experience was great too! Definitely recommend it for others.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday