An easy but rewarding trek which offers spectacular views of Everest and Kanchenjunga This trek is also known as the Singali La Trek as it goes up to the Singali ridge which forms the international border between India and Nepal. It offers a good distant view of Mt.Everest (8850 m) accompanied by Lhotse (8501 m) and Makalu (8475 m) and a close view of Kanchenjunga (8586 m).
- Day 1: Bagdogra – Darjeeling (2134 M)
Arrive Bagdogra airport and drive 2-3 hrs through the tea estates to Darjeeling. Overnight hotel.
- Day 2: Darjeeling – Manibhanjan – Jaubari (2750 M)
The walk starts from Manibhanjan and continues past several small settlements up to the Tonglu (3020m), located in dense forest overlooking the entire Darjeeling hills. From Tonglu we continue along the rhododendron covered ridges to Jaubari, just inside the Nepal border, to gain our first uninterrupted views of the eastern Himalaya.
- Day 3: Jaubari – Kalpokhri – Sandakphu (2750 M)
From Jaubari descend to Gairbas (2620m) before a long, gradual ascent to the small lake and settlement at Kalpokhri . From here it is a 2 hour walk up to the ridge and the trekkers’ huts at Sandakphu.
- Day 4: Sandakphu – Phalut (3600 M)
A long but easy stretch with gradual ascents and descents. A walk of four to five hours through rhododendrons and then for a couple of hours over treeless mountain slopes to reach Phalut, the meeting place of three ridges coming from India, Nepal and Sikkim. It provides a spectacular view of Everest and Kanchenjunga.
- Day 5: Phalut – Raman (2560 M)
From Phalut the day starts with a steep descent through dense forest to reach Ramam river; cross it by a bridge then climb through rhododendron, oak and pine forest to Raman village.
- Day 6: Ramam – Rimbik (2280 M)
It’s almost a 9-10km level walk till Shirokhola, cross the river by a bridge and then climb steeply for about a km. Another almost level walk of about 3km leads to Rimbik.
- Day 7: Rimbik – Darjeeling (2134 M)
Rimbik to Darjeeling is a drive of about 5 hrs. Alternatively you can walk for about 25km up to Bijanbari and then drive from there.
- Day 8: Darjeeling – Bagdogra
Drive 2-3 hrs from Darjeeling to Bagdogra airport. Proceed for the onward journey. Trip ends!
- Travel from bagdogra and back by road / rail (by non-ac / 2 or 3 tier ac coach)
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary & safe drinking water
- All trekking arrangements with india’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Porterage upto 15kg/person
- Peak fee/sanctuary fee/royalty/permits where applicable
- Sleeping bag
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
A bunch of us friends recently got in touch with Aquaterra Adventures to set up a whitewater rafting trip on the Tons River in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Aquaterra team were excellent in every way: they were superbly efficient, highly reassuringly safe and extremely warm, friendly and hospitable.
There isn’t a more classy example of a team that is so well organised, courteous, warm and welcoming! The arrangements right from the camping sights, food, refreshments and stay were so extremely comfortable, of-course the food and the variety offered just beat everything else.
Camp Bagi (near Mori, Uttarakhand) is a beautifully located and professionally maintained wilderness camping site. Operated by Aquaterra, the gold standard in adventure tours in India, it offered us a highly memorable rafting, hiking and camping experience over the 4 days that we stayed there (May 28-31, 2019)
Great job by the team, especially Rana. We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 yrs and 6.5 yrs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My elder one loved the trek and the rafting experience was great too! Definitely recommend it for others.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday