This moderate trek starts from the picturesque village of Barsu in Uttarkashi. Barsu serves as the base for the Dayara Bugyal trek along with offering grand views of some 6000m plus peaks like Jaunli (6618m), Srikanth (6133m) as well as Draupadi Ka Danda I & II (5643m & 5770m). A little into the trek you can also spot the Gangotri Massif (I, II & III). Dayara Bugyal has been popularly called the most beautiful meadow in India giving stiff competition to Bedni Bugyal. For thousands of years Gujjars have come to these meadows to graze their cattle and bask in the magnificence of such Beauty. Nestled between great Himalayan peaks like Bandarpunch (6316m) & White Peak (6102m) this is perhaps one of the most beautiful meadows to trek to in India.
- Day 1: Dehradun – Barsu (2200 M)
Report to Dehradun Airport by 8AM. Board waiting vehicles to be driven straight to Barsu in the valley of the Bhagirathi. (6-7 hr drive).
- Day 2: Barsu – Barnala Bugyal (2500 M)
After breakfast, we start our trek to Barnala Bugyal. The climb is a moderate one with intermittent ascents. We cross a dilapidated gujjar hut right after the forest clearing, then a short climb to the Barnala Meadows. We camp here.
- Day 3: Barnala Bugyal – Dayara Bugyal (3350 M)
We start again for Dayara. Get a magnificent view of the Bandarpoonch peak (6316m) on this trail and soon approach campsite. Overnight Camp Dayara Bugyal. We start again for Dayara. Get a magnificent view of the Bandarpoonch peak (6316m) on this trail and soon approach campsite. Overnight Camp Dayara Bugyal.
- Day 4: Dayara – Bakaria Top – Dayara (3350 M)
We leave after an early meal and walk on the trail leading to Bakaria/Siyari Top. The trail goes through meadows and is mostly gradual all the way to the top (3810m). Back to camp in the late afternoon.
- Day 5: Dayara Bugyal – Barsu (1550 M)
We walk back all the way to the to Dayara Resort in Barsu where we stay for the night.
- Day 6: Barsu – Dehradun Airport
Drive back(7hrs) to Dehradun Airport to catch the evening flight home.
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary & safe drinking water
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Porterage upto 15kg/person
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
- Sleeping bag
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
A bunch of us friends recently got in touch with Aquaterra Adventures to set up a whitewater rafting trip on the Tons River in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Aquaterra team were excellent in every way: they were superbly efficient, highly reassuringly safe and extremely warm, friendly and hospitable.
There isn’t a more classy example of a team that is so well organised, courteous, warm and welcoming! The arrangements right from the camping sights, food, refreshments and stay were so extremely comfortable, of-course the food and the variety offered just beat everything else.
Camp Bagi (near Mori, Uttarakhand) is a beautifully located and professionally maintained wilderness camping site. Operated by Aquaterra, the gold standard in adventure tours in India, it offered us a highly memorable rafting, hiking and camping experience over the 4 days that we stayed there (May 28-31, 2019)
Great job by the team, especially Rana. We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 yrs and 6.5 yrs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My elder one loved the trek and the rafting experience was great too! Definitely recommend it for others.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday