A short easy trek running parallel to the high Himalayas. Good views all the way, beautiful camping by the lake at Devariyatal and some great forests. In the early spring the rhododendron forest glow red as the flowers bloom. The views from the Chandrashilla top will stay in one’s memory for really long.
- Day 1: Delhi – Haridwar – Camp Aquaterra
Morning Shatabdi train to Haridwar. Arrive at 1120hr, transfer to Camp Aquaterra. Lunch and dinner at the campsite. (Optional raft trip at additional cost)
- Day 2: Camp ATA – Sari and trek to Devariyatal (2440m)
The road goes along the River Alaknanda before entering the Mandakini valley to reach our roadhead Sari. Thereafter, it’s a gradual 2 hour uphill walk all the way up to the beautiful lake of Deoriatal.
- Day 3: Trek Deoriatal – Chopta (3000m)
The trail goes through the dense forest and stays on the ridge all the way to Tali. From here we descend for a while to cross a stream and then climb up gradually to reach Chopta, located in an idyllic setting having beautiful meadows and is surrounded by dense forests.
- Day 4: Trek Chopta – Tungnath (3680m) – Chandrashilla Top (4130m) – Chopta
Start early in the morning and climb up to the temple of Tungnath and beyond. Tungnath, one of the Shiva temples is the highest temple in Garhwal and has definitely a certain mystical/religious aspect which is quite based on the spectacular surrounding and views from there. Views which go far beyond the simple “view of mountains”. The summit of the Chandrashilla peak provides a breathtaking 360 degree view.
- Day 5: Drive Chopta – Haridwar (6-7 hrs) and take a train/flight to Delhi
Drive to Haridwar and take the evening Shatabdi Express to reach Delhi by 10:45 pm or a flight from Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun.
- Travel from Delhi and back by road / rail (by non-AC / 2 or 3 tier AC coach)
- All arrangements for staying and camping while on trip
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in tents / hotel
- All meals as mentioned in itinerary & safe drinking water
- All trekking arrangements with India’s most experienced guiding team, camp staff and cooks
- Porterage upto 15kg/person
- Peak fee / sanctuary fee / royalty / permits where applicable
- Sleeping bag
- Flights not included in the above-mentioned cost
- Any transfers or meals outside of itinerary
- Bottled water
- Items of personal clothing
- Expenses of any personal nature (laundry / phone calls / alcohol / cigarettes / insurance / camera fee / etc.)
- Any expense incurred due to force of nature such as landslides, bad weather or reasons beyond our control
- Tips & gratuities (we recommend 5-10% of your trip cost- to be distributed among the team) – personal choice
- Travel & cancellation insurance
A bunch of us friends recently got in touch with Aquaterra Adventures to set up a whitewater rafting trip on the Tons River in the north Indian state of Uttarakhand. The Aquaterra team were excellent in every way: they were superbly efficient, highly reassuringly safe and extremely warm, friendly and hospitable.
There isn’t a more classy example of a team that is so well organised, courteous, warm and welcoming! The arrangements right from the camping sights, food, refreshments and stay were so extremely comfortable, of-course the food and the variety offered just beat everything else.
Camp Bagi (near Mori, Uttarakhand) is a beautifully located and professionally maintained wilderness camping site. Operated by Aquaterra, the gold standard in adventure tours in India, it offered us a highly memorable rafting, hiking and camping experience over the 4 days that we stayed there (May 28-31, 2019)
Great job by the team, especially Rana. We went with 2 kids aged 2.5 yrs and 6.5 yrs and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. My elder one loved the trek and the rafting experience was great too! Definitely recommend it for others.
We strive to create the best trips possible for you, with uncommon professionalism, unsurpassed personal service and a commitment to protect and preserve the cultures and environments through which we travel. Get in touch with us to plan your next holiday